You can rock the modern mix of sporty and dapper that Hermés offers this season even if you live in a sweltering tropical country.
Equal parts dapper and athletic, the Hermés Homme Fall/Winter 15 collection is full of pieces that are perfect for a modern-day gentleman’s wardrobe. Serious pinstripes and dark neutrals adorn sports jackets and slacks that come in creative materials. Being a collection created especially for cold climates, it can be tricky for Manileños to adapt the Hermés Homme look of the season. We picked out some of the stylish pieces that just might work out in our winterless tropical country.
1. Blouson with ribbing in charcoal grey wool with chalk pinstripes. Look number six of the runway show featured this sporty jacket. Any urban chic man could rock this piece with a lightweight cotton shirt in place of Hermés’ accompanying turtleneck, denim jeans, and classic sneaks for a slightly dandy but chic finish.
2. Shirt with supple straight collar in celadon cotton with Squeeze by Richard Gorman print. For those hoping for a little more color, look number 18 supplies just that with a graphic print button down. Made with a material much more breathable than the rest of the collection’s cashmeres, wools, and leathers, this top is perfect for your next semi-formal event.
3. Jogging pants in navy Toilovent. Made of reversible deer skin, the bottoms of look number 25 are almost completely waterproof. Warm as it may sound, this is a nice, trendy piece that’ll suit our bipolar weather.
4. Shirt with supple straight collar and displaced shirt-front in navy cotton poplin. Add a little flair to your evening wardrobe with the subtly funky top of look number 39. The displaced shirt-front adds just a dash of quirk to a classy looking ensemble.
5. Twisted high neck pullover in dark plum silk. Seeing as silk is much more lightweight than the rest of the materials used in the collection, this is the dressy top you should be eyeing from Hermés this season. The twisted detail of the collar will definitely snazzy up your holiday look.
And if none of these cool (obviously not in a literal sense) clothes can make the cut into your wardrobe, you can always invest in accessories.